21 July 2009

"A very important day" layout...


This is the first layout that includes Alfie but will be the last one for Charlies album. It is the first photo of them both together.

Here I used a new technique:
To begin with I hand cut some hearts from acetate,
Then using a cuttlebug embossing folder, I ran them through the BigShot machine.
I carefully rubbed an inkpad over the embossed shape.
The shapes were then left to dry overnight.
When dry I attached to a luggage tag by random stitches.
I tore the tag to give a decorative edge and then doodled part of a border.
Lastly I inked the edges using a cotton wool ball.

I used the snowflake folder for 3 hearts and a different one for the journalled tag. I also didn't tear the edge of this one.

Although it doesn't show clearly on photo , the white strip behind photo has the date of Alfies birth stamped along it.

Sorry the pictures aren't the best quality but if I had scanned them it would have meant stitching them together and that would have taken too long, so I have opted for blurry photos instead.

2 comments:

Kayleigh Huitt said...

Ahh i love this layout Lorna! something Charlie can look back at :)
Kaylee
x

Househund said...

Oh I really Love the hearts...
and what a great photo..
Oh I wish I had been into scrapbooking when Rachael was young..
I always forget what a great effect you can get with these folders.
Can't wait for the next page !!!!