9 June 2010

...a vintage layout...

I went for vintage look on this one, lots of distressing.
Colours aren't ones would normally use but took them from photo.
This is most favourite photo one of "My Boys" taken on mobile without Charlie knowing.
...distressed photo edges...
...distressed background paper edges, rubbed with versamark pad and embossed using gold powder...
...ripped bottom corners have cardstock behind...
...bottom right corner:card dry embossed with QK folder. Brads have been embossed with boys initials, using white powder then tied together with thread...
...page torn from old dictionary with word loyal at top of page... 
Title: used gold stickles...
...QK washington font...
...2 cut from old tombola ticket...
...damask shape is DaveyRay die (fiddly to use but looks great :)...
...behind damask, QK folder embossed onto brown card...
...Tim Holtz ticket with masking tape strip over it to help journalling stand out...
...handcut heart added...
...key stitched in place...
...HOLD:blue chipboard letters...
...the:letter stickers...
...to my:hand written...
...Heart:alphabet stamps...
You 2 do hold the key to my heart and hopefully will never forget this.

Thanks for looking : )

2 comments:

Househund said...

I really.... REALLY love the embossing around the edge of this page.. it give it a certain something.
The paper and your colour choice just my cup of tea and the way you have incorporated the die cut.. (I did't buy that shape because I never quite knew what to do with it) of course now seeing how you've used it I would like one hahahhah Isn't that always the way.
This one is a little different to your ususal L/O it seems your trying new things.. and I really really like what your doing.!

Sarah Lou said...

Oh that is such a sweet moment fro you to have captured. i am so in love with this layout, its just magical!!!